Updated May 2019
Information We Collect
We may collect information about you directly from you, as well as automatically through your use of our Site.
Information We Collect Directly From You. You may browse our Site without registering. However, certain areas of the Site may allow you to submit information to us, such as name, contact information and a business plan; we may also collect this information if you choose to email it to us. In addition, we may allow users to comment on blogs or other content we post; if you do, we may collect your name and the information you submit.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site.
- To send you news and newsletters, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and services, respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf; these third parties may be located outside of Canada.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
Cookies. Cookies are small pieces of information stored on your computer with information about your visit to a particular site. Cookies are used to remember items like your login information if you have selected for it to be remembered on your computer. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content and compile statistics about Site usage. We or our service providers may also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Communications From Us
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us, we may still send you e-mails about any Services you have requested or received from us.
We have implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer.
Notification of Changes
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Site or would like to make a complaint, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.